Hawaii Ocean Safety Team
Advisory Board Meeting (3:00 pm) &
General Membership Meeting
(Christmas Party 5:00 pm)
December 18, 2008 (3:00 pm)
Hawaii Yacht Club
Paula Carroll Bob Heidrich
Brad Rimell John Thielst
1. 1500 (3:00 pm) Call to order – Introductions
Brad called to order at 3:45
2. Approval of last Board meeting minutes
3. Treasurer’s Report – Chris
Chris reported $1,856.80 in the checking account.
4. Pending HOST Issues:
a. SOP 7-98 Multiple Cruise Vessel Visiting Offshore Port Anchorages – Kim
Kim not in attendance, but the understanding is that this issue is about resolved. We will defer until Km reports.
b. Tug Assistance – Tom/Troy
Still in the hands of the state.
5. Old Business
a. Flare disposal project – Chris
No update yet
b. Hawaii Fishing & Seafood Festival – Future events?
c. Shore entry dive safety – No report
6. New Business
Dock safety ladders – Long Shore issue. Ask Warren and Randy to address and update.
Membership meeting times in first quarter of 2009
7. United States Coast Guard Concerns
8. State of Hawaii Concerns (DOT Harbors and DLNR)
9. Coast Guard Auxiliary Issues – Ed Lott and John Regan
10. NOAA – Coastal Survey – LT. Jeff Taylor
Boat Parade rescheduled for Dec. 20, 2008
12. Next meetings: AdvisoryBoard Meeting: January 08, 2009
Membership Meeting: February 19, 2009
Adjourned at 4:41
Please Note: Parking now requires quarters!